Alessandro Vergel Pérez Palma
Biography: Alessandro is a lawyer graduated from the Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos, he holds a master’s degree in Procedural Law at Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (PUCP). He pursued post-graduate studies in International Arbitration and Investments as well as Consumer Protection, Publicity and Unfair Competition at the Universidad del Pacífico.
His practice is focused on national and international arbitrations, domestic and trans-frontier judicial litigation and administrative litigation in regulatory matters. He has exercised the defense with all instances of the Judiciary, national and international Arbitration Courts, the Constitutional Court, the Court of the National Electoral Board, as well as with major administrative courts, such as the Consumer Protection Court, the Defense of Competition and Intellectual Property Court of Indecopi, the Court of the Supervisory Board of Public Contracting, among others.
- He acts as arbitrator with major arbitration centers across the country in business arbitration as well as public contracting
- Associate of Vergel Pérez Palma Abogados law firm (2018-2020).
- Member of the Worldwide Independent Lawyers Leage – WILL.
- Adjunct professor in undergraduate and post-graduate studies of Procedural Law at the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú’s Law School.
- Coach in official delegations from the Universidad Mayor de San Marcos for international competitions of business arbitration and investments, organized by the American University Washington College of Law, the Universidad Externado de Colombia, the Universidad de Buenos Aires, the Universidad del Rosario, as well as the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Member of the Civil Law Workshop “José León Barandiarán” organized by the Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos’ s Law and Political Science School.
- Member of the Research Group Proceso, Derecho y Justicia or PRODEJUS (Process, Law and Justice) of the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
- Associate in APTA Perú.
- Lecturer at various seminars and diploma courses on arbitration, civil law and procedural law.
- Author of several papers in reviews, books and web portals.